Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What forum should I post questions about circuit design that is for a company but not at the level of an EDA Professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryderstout

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I work for a company that does not primarily produce / design circuits or software, but they have me on a project to design some internal communication boards. I feel like the complexity and my skill level would more fit into the Hobby Circuit forum, but since it is for a company should I post my questions related to this in the EDA Professional Board? I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this, I am new to this website. Thank you!

Ryder

Hi,

There is no clear rule.
Since your application seems to be for "professional use" I tend to say your question should be asked in the professional area. Also here more professionals will give their answers.

For sure it depends on the question:
* if you want to ask about how to calculate the current limiting resisitr for a LED, then you may do this in the hobby section.
* if you want to ask about how to design high reliable elevator electronics, then you should do this in the professional section.

It´s always a good idea to tell the forum your level of knowledge ... to get answers you are able to process.
And it´s always a good ide to do research in the internet and the forum first and tell what you do understand so far and where you need help. Also provide links to internet pages and documents you refer to.

Klaus

There's no dedicated professional area at Edaboard. The forum Professional Hardware has a specific dedication, unfortunately people posting there sometimes don't read it "EMC and Electrical Safety standards. Quality assurance labels (CE). Others Standards and whatever related with professional hardware design."

Select a forum according to the topic, microprocessors, power electronics, analog etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.