Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHAT EXTERNAL COMPONENT TO BE ADDED FOR PIC16F877A INTERFACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

leninece

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using PIC16F877A for control the stepper motor and dc motor.i have problem with the design circuit.what are the component should connected with the controller ...like pull-up resistor,crystal,capacitor etc.......plz help me and give the schematic design

Re: WHAT EXTERNAL COMPONENT TO BE ADDED FOR PIC16F877A INTER

If you are asking this very simple question at final year, I will not be employing you!

You need a crystal or other oscillator to provide the clock signal to the 877A.
You need loading capacitors at each end of the crystal.
You need pull-up or pull-down resistors on all unused inputs to stop them floating.
You need a current or voltage driver to interface logic levels to your motor.
You need decoupling capacitors across the supply lines.

And,

You need to give far more information on what you need if you want more detailed help.

For example, is your DC motor in a toy or is it a 5KV 75KW electric train motor?
Is there a feedback mechanism? How fast does the controller react? Is power consumption a critical design factor? Does the motor have to be reversible? What control signals are you responding to?

If all you want to do is turn a motor on and off, you need a power switch not a microcontroller!

And finally - what has this got to do with networking??

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.