Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What exactly are EDKs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaerf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

Could u pls give me ur views on what is EDKs, As Xlinx , altera tools gives thr EDKs as well......

whats is EDKs

EDK or embedded design kit, is a means of mixing embedded softwares such as microprocessor cores (eg. microblaze/picoblaze or powerpc cores) to hardware IPs. if u could search the fpga/cpld section of this forum, or post ur question there, u will get more information.

Re: whats is EDKs

The Altera version is called the Nios II Embedded Design Suite (EDS). But I don't think it's as robust as Xilinx's Embedded Development Kit. They both use Eclipse as the IDE and Altera does have a C to Hardware compiler. I've never used Altera tools so I'm not exactly sure how good they are.
Anyone used both Altera embedded tools and Xilinx Embedded tools?
Please, will a mod move this to the FPGA forum?

Re: whats is EDKs

Thanks gliss and sree,

Please look at the following product link:-
https://www.poseidon-systems.com
and pls give ur valuable comments on How this product is different from EDKs...
look at the triton tuner and triton builder in that and pls tell me the difference

With regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back