Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does these names after linux release stands for...????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk2mkk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3(Taroon)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4(Nahant)

can any tell me what does these names in the brackets indicates after every linux release

thankyou

Re: what does these names after linux release stands for...?

I guess that is just a name for call them, for example the debian distribution always has a toy history character name, like Sid, Sarge, Etch, Woody that's all just a name.:idea::D

is it the name of the system on which the final package was built or the name of the person who built the final package.

any one have the correct answer please let me know.

man is not a big mysterious, it's just a name. the name that the company want to put on it, that's all, doesn't describe any special skill or something. just a name.

kk2mkk said:
is it the name of the system on which the final package was built or the name of the person who built the final package.

any one have the correct answer please let me know.

I remember that someone tell me this is the name of the main developer's home town.

How about the codenames of Windows, i.e., Chicago, Longhorn, etc. AN1 has ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.