Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does formula (A-B)/(A+B) represent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I AM OFTENLY ENCOUNTERING A FORMULA LIKE THIS (A-B)/(A+B)
IN MY ENGG.PAPER(IN TRANSISION LINES AS WELL AS IN COMMUNICATION ALSO)
BUT I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT THIS FORMULA UNDER WHICH CATEGORY IT FALLS UNDER.LIKE MEAN .VARIANCE ,GEO PROGRESSION AND SO ON

Re: doubt in a formula

like it is just the ratio between minimum and maximum value...
when 2 signals having phase ...superpose....the minimum value occurs when they are out of phase..(A-B) ..similarly maximum occurs..when they are in phase (A+B)

doubt in a formula

In general, it means the different of 2 quantities divided by the sum of that 2 quantities. It depends on what the context of interested.

doubt in a formula

Another example of this is taht you also encounter this type of equation in microwave while calculating the VSWR etc. the thing is that you compute that within a material what is the atio of the two quantaties, the maximum and the minumum. this is often used to do calculations about the mismatch in the material.

or in mathematical terms it can show you the relevant shift of the two curves, superimposed over a single medium where they are imposing both constructive and destructive effects. tthe ratio also shows the relative magniyudes of contructive and distructive effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back