Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do Resolution and Overflow mean in CCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What does Resolution and Overflow means in CCS? How the two are related?

What does the Interrupt means in Timer2?

Thanks.

Glenjoy

Re: Timer Question

Hi
you didn't mentioned which microcontroller especially you wanna work on !!
any way I hope this is gonna help you...
at least the resolution in the PICmicrochip microcontroller is the Prescaler which you can modify it according to your needs.
about the overflow "I can say" it's an indicator "flag "register"" in the pic will be set if your timerX is overflowed "it's full".
the relation between the two is that as you increase the prescaler value as you decrease the time of your timerX to increase so if you've set the prescaler to the biggest value then the timerX register will take the most possible time to overflow.
all what I've said is according to picmicro microcontroller.

10x10 :D

Added after 3 minutes:

oppps
here you are another thing I didn't review it but I hope it's good for you..
https://www.microchipc.com/conference/PIC18Fxxx_comprehensive_tutorial_containing_7Mb_of_info.pdf

Re: Timer Question

glenjoy said:
Can explain more?
about what?
OK
for example the timer2 in pic16f877 is an 8-bit timer/counter with and have a prescaler also it has a 8-bit period register PR2.
Timer2 increments from 00h until it matches PR2 "exactly what you've put in this 8-bit register" and then resets to 00h on the next increment cycle.
This is where you can determine the overflow limit which will stop the timer when reaching this value put in the PR2 "8-bit reg".
my reference is PIC16f877 data sheet here you are the link:
if you want any more details just post again
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/30292c.pdf

I hope this is gonna help you :D :p
10x10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back