Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"return with value 3221225477",Where did this expression come from?What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatchlessLian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The program of one of my c language assignments ran abnormally, and then I found that "return with value 3221225477" instead of"return with value 0 "was displayed after the execution of the program. I want know more about it.

and then I found that "return with value 3221225477"

The above decimal number, in the binary scale is:

Code:
1100 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0101

Leaving the last least significant digits, yields the value "5" on decimal scale.
Have a look in the compiler documentation for the error assigned to this return code.

The above decimal number, in the binary scale is:

Code:
1100 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0101

Leaving the last least significant digits, yields the value "5" on decimal scale.
Have a look in the compiler documentation for the error assigned to this return code.
value "5" means some kind of error? Are there any mistakes like binary value "7"? Were these rules made by previous people?

You didn't yet mention where you see the return value. Return value of main() has to be assigned by you.

You didn't yet mention where you see the return value. Return value of main() has to be assigned by you.
That's the case.When I run my code, the number here is not 0.
The Internet says that when these numbers appear it means there's something wrong with the code.
And I want to know who defined the meaning of this string of numbers.
111111.jpg

I just learned c language, and feel something is so abstract. And I don't understand a lot of them.😭😭😭

The Internet says that when these numbers appear it means there's something wrong with the code
Again, did you even read compiler documentation ?
What compiler ?
--- Updated ---

BTW, in the case you're too lazy to dig deeper, you can alternatively comment out snippets of the code above in order to be able to determine what statement(s) are throwing this exception.

What compiler ?
--- Updated ---

BTW, in the case you're too lazy to dig deeper, you can alternatively comment out snippets of the code above in order to be able to determine what statement(s) are throwing this exception.
Sorry, I don't know what is "compiler documentation",because i learn these thing less than two months.

And my English is not good, maybe there's something wrong with the grammar and the use of words. And there may be verbal offense. You can just point it out. Because my English taste wrose.

My compiler named "DEV c++", this is my collage requires at present.

Actually i very want to know something deeper, but i dont know how to and where to search these things.

What compiler ?
--- Updated ---

In fact, I don't understand many modal words and cultural connotations in English, so my speech may be very stiff.
Well, i'm a newbie in both computer and grammer

Program is not exiting in the shown line range but below. Why not show the code completely?
Well... actually is my code looks a little long. I guess that program exiting below the line may be because of the compiler.

For the timing, I assume the program is exiting regularly (at the bottom of main) but no defined value is returned. If you can show that every possible return path sets a value, I'll think anew.

From a quick search elsewhere, seems like the exit code 5 is about permission/access denied.
Try etither:
  • Checking if the file "score.txt" is at the folder where the program is running.
  • Checking if the file or directory is tagged as "read-only".
  • Reading the file, instead of writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.