Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What do I need for an USB to PCI interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatman9

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a USB device and I would like to plug it into a mini-PCI Express slot. I found a USB to PCI interface and I am going to buy it, but I was wondering if I need to do anything additional when connecting it? Has anyone done this before?

Re: USB to PCI interface

you need the driver.....

Naw man, I have the PCI driver installed, but when I plug in my PCI card and put a voltmeter to it, I dont see any power
I have this guy:
**broken link removed**
hooked to my USB device, but Im not getting it to register as there.

any tips?

where did you check voltage ?

there are 5 vias right under the usb connector that are tied to gnd, D+, D-, and two 5Vs

What is your netbook model?

this card use 3.3 V but USB expects 5.0 V so you need resolve this issue, my friend ......

Basically I think what i'm asking is if pin #1, "WAKE#" needs to be set in order to activate the PCI slot?
and if any other pins need to be set or used to enable the USB data+ and -

also, thanks I didnt notice that the 5V on my PCI test card wasn't connected to anything >.< so I'll need a 3.3v to 5v converter on my final design

OK, so i figured out that a USB flashdrive works just fine using the +5V, D+, D-, and gnd
Do you think my other USB stuff (like my desktop's keyboard) doesn't work on it because of driver issues?

Last edited:

I think to use keyboard you must use special driver.

But it works just fine when I plug it into a dedicated USB slot. it needs a different driver than that?

For anyone who wants to know, the solution is that the mini PCI-e slot can read USB2.0 but is unable to read USB1.1, and my device can only send data in USB1.1 format. So now I have to figure out how, in my code, to make it transmit in USB2.0, because I know my chip should be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back