Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What certifications to do after CCNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a Graduate student from a good college in India.My major was Telecom.Now I am planning to pursue my higher studies in the field of telecom.But i have good interest in the field of networking as well.So,i have decided to take the CCNA test after a few days time.What i wanted to ask is that as i want to study further in the field of mobile communication networks/wireless networks,what certifications can I do after CCNA.

Re: CCNA query

You can do CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator). CWNA is NOT a Cisco centered course, nor is the certification given by Cisco. However, the course contents specially the theory is pretty basic (What are RF waves? Reflection, Refraction, diffraction blah blah blah) and since you are a B.E., you might get pretty bored. Still, the practical work that is offered at most institutes might be of some value.

You can continue to study for CCNP and CCIE. CCIE is very tough, so by having that certificate, you can be considered as a network expert.

thru CCNA, u get jobs mostly in administration. if that is not ur interest, go for masters with telecom or networking as major. it would serve u better.

@ivar4ever

I am going for an MS in telecom.Do u think ccna is going to help me.

Secondly,as i thought:wireless or wired,the networking basics are the same everywhere,so i can always shift towards wireless...

Status
Not open for further replies.