Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these error from LVS: psub_StampErrorMult

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
psub_stamperrormult

Hi all,

I tried to run LVS, but I had found the following error messages:

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

Can they be neglected or do we need to set some thing in LVS window (I use Assura) ?

psub_stamperrorfloat

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

Can they be neglected or do we need to set some thing in LVS window (I use Assura) ?

shorted psub

stamperrorfloat

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

I think you have multiple VSS power in your design? If yes you have to use psub2 layer to isolate it because physically, all the VSS will be sharing the same node- psub for single well process.

what is connectivity error? in lvs

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

Hi there I have encountered that problem. To fix it you have to make sure that all your substrate connection should be tied properly...no floating substrate for sure.

Which mean that you have to double/triple check your schematic substrate connection of each devices or blocks..when you rerun your lvs the psub_stamp error will go away.

psubstamperror float

it depends on the process. all of your answers may be correct. i have an experience wherein you have to put an extra layer on some substrate on NMOS to differentiate it to other substrates. they are not connected on the same VSS. the use of the layer is to show that they must not be connected on the same VSS.

assura lvs floating contact

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

u have ecounter the same questions as me,i think triple well (nwell pwell deep nwell)process may solve the problem!

psub_stamperrorfloat lvs

forkschgrad said:
it depends on the process. all of your answers may be correct. i have an experience wherein you have to put an extra layer on some substrate on NMOS to differentiate it to other substrates. they are not connected on the same VSS. the use of the layer is to show that they must not be connected on the same VSS.

some processes use psub2 to isolate different VSS. in case you are using triple well, i think there would be no problem because you can use the second Nwell to isolate those diff power lines.

triple well device lvs

The triple well could be solve the problem but, can you use it? You should discus this with the designer.

In your layout you have Psub contact connected in different point. you can solve this error in two way:
1) find the floating contact, and connect them all togheter, if you can.
2) Use msub layer to separate them logicaly.

Bye

psub stamp error in layout

DoYouLinux said:
Hi all,

psub_StampErrorMult

psub_StampErrorConnect

Hi DoYouLinux

I have encountered this error multiple times. As the name suggests this is related to the psub taps placed in the circuit.
Make sure none of the substrate taps are floating. All of them should be connected to the right potential. This will resolve the issue.

Can somebody explain how this error is related to triple well ( I work on N-well process) ?

Regards
Brittoo

psub_stamp

Hi all,

I have faced this error mess when i run LVS. The circuit is matching but:
psub_term_StampErrorFloat

psub_StampErrorFloat.

Some of you said that I should connect all the psub contacts, but what is psub contact heres? And how can I connect them toghether?

Thanks

psub stamp error

test_out said:
Hi all,

I have faced this error mess when i run LVS. The circuit is matching but:
psub_term_StampErrorFloat

psub_StampErrorFloat.

Some of you said that I should connect all the psub contacts, but what is psub contact heres? And how can I connect them toghether?

Thanks

Hi test_out

Psub contacts are noting but the substrate taps that you place for the nmos transistors. When there are multiple taps in thelayout, it is quite posible that you miss out on the connection of any of these to the desired rail(power rails for ntaps and substrate rail for ptaps).That is when these are left floating and LVS throws these Stamp errors. I hope this helps.

Regards
Brittoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back