Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the salaries in Europe of an analog/physical layout engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdevan77

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to know abt what salaries are like in Europe(german/austria/UK etcc) for an Analog/physical layout Engineer. for 6+ years experience.

Pls. help me in this regard .

Awaiting for your reply

With Regards

Vdevan

salaries in Europe

There is another thread with details on that

Maybe we can generalize it and discuss about anywhere in the world. like US, India, China, Taiwan, Japan etc

salaries in Europe

the question is not easy to answer,just say in Europe,the range is too large

Re: salaries in Europe

I have the data for Japan and Thailand.

salaries in Europe

I heard that salary in swissland is high, but difficult to find a job

salaries in Europe

in Germany, about 4K Euro/month for a graduate student (first year)

What abt Japan and Thailand?..Also do U have any idea about Singapore

what's the salary for illegal immigrant engineer in Europe?

approximately 60k eur per annum ..again depends on place n expertise.

djones1 said:
what's the salary for illegal immigrant engineer in Europe?

LOOOOL :D:D, yep what is the salary of illegal immigrant in Germany

Hi there

What is reasonable salary in Vienna in telecom industry?

salaries in Europe

In thailand, about 20,000 bath/month for a graduate student (bachelor's degree) .

salaries in Europe

Is there a std rule of thumb that equates no_of_yrs_of_exp with salary, for eg: in India, the equation is :
no_of_yrs*2+1 < salary < no_of_yrs * 3 (in lacs, 1 lac rupees = Rs100,000).

So for a person with 3 yrs of exp the salary might be between (3*2+1) = 700,000 to 900,000 (3*3). Of course the numbers will vary a bit depending on how bad a firm needs the person.

Are there any such equations for other countries...we can summarize it at the end of this thread for the benefit of all

(if any HR reading this, please correct me if I am wrong...I'm not trying to arrive at a exact number but a approximate range, actual numbers vary from person, company and market conditions)
(ALL NUMBERS REFLECT ANNUAL SALARIES)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

excellent!! I am originally from India... I have worked there for 3 years. I believe this emperical formula is very true (only after first 5-7 years it becomes almost 2*years_of_exp.....)

joydeep_iitkgp said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

excellent!! I am originally from India... I have worked there for 3 years. I believe this emperical formula is very true (only after first 5-7 years it becomes almost 2*years_of_exp.....)

I did not get what you mean in the end o ur post

sirricky said:
in Germany, about 4K Euro/month for a graduate student (first year)

Yeah sure, and I believe in Father Christmas.

I'm from Flanders (very close to and similar to Germany).

4K/month (gross, you have to deduct 50% taxes!) is for >10y experience, and in a manager position.

Have a look at https://www.vacature.com/art1992

Select

Je statuut:"Bediende" (employee)

Je diplomaniveau: "Academische master hogeschool" or "universiteit". "Hogeschool" (professional master) seems reasonable for someone from a country where degrees are not homologated in Europe. A "universiteit" engineering master in Flanders is the most demanding study of all university eduction, and is very difficult and theoretic. Employers will be very wary of the level of foreign universities from developing countries, and will equate them with the professional master level.

"Je aantal jaren effectieve werkervaring:" # of years experience
"Je functieniveau": (function level) "professioneel medewerker" or "middle management"
"Je functiecategorie": (type of function): the names should be self-evident as there are a lot of English words in the list. Engineering, ICT, Internet, ...
"Je sector": (industry branch): also quite self evident.

This will give a depressingly realistic picture (not so good, you still need to deduct 50% government taxes!). Europe is killing enterpreneurship with taxes.

For more translations of Dutch ("Nederlands") words to English, type them in www.systransoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back