Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the salaries in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaries in ASIA

In Malaysia,

For B Eng degree starting salary should be Approx. RM 1800 ~ RM 2300.

Master degree fresh grad could be RM2200 ~ RM 2600. Not much of difference.

Salaries in MAL is kind of sad for engineers.
Western country appreciate engineers more.

Added after 14 minutes:

Sorry! the earlier statement was the monthly salary

Salaries in ASIA

in iran
depend on your company it has from 300 ~1500 usd

Re: Salaries in ASIA

Hi All,

I am very glad someone ask the salary in ASIA after reading the post on salary in EUROPE.

Quote from Dragonhart:
Hi my friends, in the Philippines the starting salary for a fresh graduate in engineering such as electronic, electrical and computer is US$400. but those applicants with experience will have a salary starting from US$700 to US$1200.
Senior engineers' salary ranges from US$800 to US$1500

You must be very lucky "Dragonhart" to have a starting salary of $US400, I leave and work in the philippines for the past 6 years, back then I started with P9000/Month which is lest than US$200 in an IC Design Center in Makati area and a japanese firm (slave drivers), after 6 years i still wasnt able to reach US$400/month. By the way, i am an electronics and communications engineer. having this very bad experience with this comapny and being left behind by my peers who exodus to singapore and european countrys, i decided to resign and try another field which is Telecom, luckily i made it to one of the best company but after few months an IT company offered me more than 3 times so i grab it.

So whats my point? it is not always true for everybody to recieve this amount in the Philippines and majority of the best and skilled engineer here migrate to other countries becuase of the good opportunities outside.

Here's maybe more prescise salary range for EE, ECE and other Engineering field in the philippines:

fresh grad = us$300 - 400/month tax=15%
3-5 years = us$400 - 700/month tax=15 - 25%
above 5 years techl = 700 - 1250/month tax = 25% - 30 %
Mangerial level = 1000 - 3000/Month tax=max 33%

2 bedroom apartment = us$200-300 - decent place to leave, try condo for a little bit higher. cost of leaving still pretty good, tax for goods you buy on establishment is 12%.

The trick is, if you are an engineer in the philippines, work for 5 years here and go abroad, work as hard as you can and save as much as you can and go retire in the philippines an you will leave like a KING! imagine your money will be multiplied by 50 times and the cost of leaving by half. Oh men you will be a millionaire and afford all the luxury you want...

best regards,
Liz

Have you read the Article from EEtimes with the title
"India's go-getters stand in contrast to U.S. engineers" ?

It suggest that the average $2.500 household salary in India.
Is this correct, as it seems that numbers you guys here mention are
a lot lower than that

Salaries in ASIA

I noticed that people tend to provide unaccurate information about the salaries where they live.

cmos babe said:
I noticed that people tend to provide unaccurate information about the salaries where they live.

CMOS .. why don't you tell us about your salary in Dubai ? :wink: 8) 8O

I will directly believe what you gonna say :D

Only in Japan and Korea you will earn high salary. The rest of Asian country is just cheap labour for EE students.

jumono2002 said:
Only in Japan and Korea you will earn high salary. The rest of Asian country is just cheap labour for EE students.

Add singapore.

I think that in dubai the salaries must be high

oualkadi said:
I think that in dubai the salaries must be high

the city itself is very expensive as well .. so, even if salaries are high, they may not good enough to live in dubai

the same thing with japan and koria the life thier is very expansive

what about china?????

Salaries in ASIA

The salaries in Dubai are good but there are no engineering jobs.The only hope is DSO which has just started and might be more opportunities in the future. Unless you want to work in IT , that's a different story.

cmos babe said:
The salaries in Dubai are good but there are no engineering jobs.The only hope is DSO which has just started and might be more opportunities in the future. Unless you want to work in IT , that's a different story.

so, what's the average salary for a 3 years experienced IT engineer in Dubai ?

omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

USD 2700 per month.

cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

USD 2700 per month.

and how much will he pay for rent ?

omara007 said:
cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

USD 2700 per month.

If you are extremely lucky you might find one for $17500 per year unless you want to share a room with someone then that's another story. Many people rent in Sharjah , and you see the worst traffic jam ever between Sharjah and Dubai everyday in the morning in one direction of the street , and in afternoon in the other direction (when people go and come back from work).

cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

USD 2700 per month.

If you are extremely lucky you might find one for $17500 per year unless you want to share a room with someone then that's another story. Many people rent in Sharjah , and you see the worst traffic jam ever between Sharjah and Dubai everyday in the morning in one direction of the street , and in afternoon in the other direction (when people go and come back from work).

Have you heard about Greens Area in Dubai ? .. is it a good neighbourhood ?

omara007 said:
cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

USD 2700 per month.

Have you heard about Greens Area in Dubai ? .. is not good neighbourhood ?

https://www.emaar.com/Developments/TheGreens/

Salaries in ASIA

Is Dubai the only place in middle east where there are some jobs in VLSI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.