Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the geometrical limitations of an antenna that force it to work in a band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniakhan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can someone please tell me some basics in antenna designing,also what are the geometrical limitations of an antenna that force antenna to work in some specific band and not in other band.please i am new in field of antenna so help me

basically antenna consider these parameter which are need to use specifically. the frequency band, and bandwidth, signal radiation, transmitting gain, and direction of signal(uniform,bi-directional). other these it's mainly depend on coil/ antenna construction.

basically antenna consider these parameter which are need to use specifically. the frequency band, and bandwidth, signal radiation, transmitting gain, and direction of signal(uniform,bi-directional). other these it's mainly depend on coil/ antenna construction.
hi
can you help me in understanding this line which i read in paper according to which "dual slot dipole are designed to be 0.94mm long 0.08 mm wide and 0.5 mm separated to resonate at 100 Ghz"how author have taken these dimensions to force antenna to resonate at this specific frequency??please help me in understanding antenna designing,i don understand how can i select dimensions of antenna to work in specific band and resonate at specific frequency.

hi
can you help me in understanding this line which i read in paper according to which "dual slot dipole are designed to be 0.94mm long 0.08 mm wide and 0.5 mm separated to resonate at 100 Ghz"how author have taken these dimensions to force antenna to resonate at this specific frequency??please help me in understanding antenna designing,i don understand how can i select dimensions of antenna to work in specific band and resonate at specific frequency.
In General the Geometry is based on the wave length of your frequency.

λ = c/f

So if you have an antenna of .06meters that is the λ for a 5GHz frequency,
so 5GHz will resonate this antenna because of it's Geometry. Also 2.5GHz
will resonate because this antenna will be λ/2 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back