Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the criteria for an UWB switch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mica188

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
UWB switch

Hi,

What are the criteria for an UWB switch? In other words, what are the conditions that we say that this swicth is an UWB switch? Also, can you provide me good books on UWB switch for beginners?

Thanks,

Le

Re: UWB switch

I have been building UWB systems, and I just use a typical wideband switch. For prototyping, I used modular switches from Mini-Circuits, as for PCB version I am using Hittite switch HMC336. The systems I designed are all based on pulse system, so a critical point to note is the P1dB of the switch. Even though the average power is low the instantanous power (peak to peak voltage) is acutally pretty high. Therefore, if you are transmitting low rate large pulses you have to becareful to have safety margin below the P1dB or else the pulse might be distorted and the radiation pulse might not be FCC conform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back