Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what are the best of Mathematics software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvc

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Have anyone study what is the best of math software :-
for high school
for university
for free software ?

winPloat is the best for freeware ??

Hello.
There are some goo freesoftwares, some are also free source.
Scilab - replaces matlab
Maxima- replaces Mathematica
Gnuplot- replaces somehow Origin
R
Root - data analysis
Octave -also replaces matlab

Try surching them with google.
S.

Matlab & Mathcad are the best available.

Because we are in a EDA forum that is my opinion (from experience):

For an Hardware designer MathCad is the best

For an Software/Algoritms designer MathLab is the best

Matlab and MathCad are both widely respected and well integrated mathmatics evironment packages. I have personally used Matlab for near 10 years, and have never had trouble finding a function or writing scripts to do a variety of engineering tasks. However, Matlab has a much wider following than MathCad.

One way to show this is to go to an employment site such as https://www.monster.com and run a job search using the word "Matlab" and compare it to the word "Mathcad." Today, it is a 5:1 ratio in favor of Matlab. Just to make sure Matlab is a favorite of the engineering community, I added the word "engineer." It still remained about 5:1 (375 to 75 jobs posted).

If you are a student, you can get a student version for $99(USD) at:
https://www.mathworks.com The student versions are matrix size restricted, but most of the standard toolboxes are still included.

Mathworks also developed Simulink which gives the user the ability to create large scale control systems models, dsp system models, etc., in an easy graphical format.

Shareware is generally very good for some individual applications, but the truly robust software is something you usually have to cough up some money for. And shareware is rarely used extensively in industry.

If you are going to invest time learning an application, make it one that can better help you make a living.

Math software for my university used Maple
but software in engineering faculty used Matlab

I have used MATLAB. It is the best of Mathematics software but too expensive.

hi
i think matlab is a very powerful software for engineering math
bye

Hi

Now I think we got enough of oppinions, the answers seems to repeat themself so topic closed.

If you have something different to add or simply do not agree then PM me.

/Cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back