Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are iofillers and how and where we use theme in a layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

absak

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLEASE,

can you tell me what are iofiller and how and where we use theme in a layout

Re: IOFILLER

iofiller cells are basically just small slices which are inserted inbetween IO cells to keep them connected (IO rings) together, if they are not abutted then you will have empty space inbetween the IO cells so you will need to put something there.

jelydonut

thank you,

if i had well understoud so an IOFiller is a space in a IO cells in which we put a metal (any kind of metal) in order to make connection between other IO cells.

Added after 6 minutes:

thank you,

if i had well understoud so an IOFiller is a space in a IO cells in which we put a metal (any kind of metal) in order to make connection between other IO cells.

Not exactically.. it's a cell that includes the layers of metal for the IO power rings as well as any wells, substrate contacts, etc that should normally be present. So if you have cells that are spaced you put IOFILLER inbetween to electrically join the cells and avoid DRC errors, etc.

jelydonut

IOFILLER

And digital and analog iofillers are differant.

IOFILLER

turtleden
have you any document about IOFiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back