Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What´s the sense of Points and Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdUJ

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

may be it´s a little stupid - but I don´t understand for which reason a member can get points and can get to a higher level.

What´s the benefit of getting points?

Regards

Udo

Hello shahbaz.ele,

thank you for that link.

As far as I can see this does not explain the issue I asked for - "What is the sense of Points and Level?".
There was the statement "Post it to the moderators or pm to them" in the previous contribution.

Is the answer that secret? A kind of mystery?

Regards

Udo

I think it is to give a sense of the users activity and ability to help others.
Everybody has to start at zero but the ones who get most 'helped me' points are more likely to be proficient at answering questions. The moderators also remove points from people being deliberately unhelpful so it keeps things in balance. It is also a kind of 'bank', you donate points from your own account to those that have helped you.
I'm not sure what sets the 'level', it used to be based on the number of points but since the forum software was changed, the page showing their relationship has disappeared. Perhaps it is just a bar graph to give a quick indication of points.

Brian.

I think "level" is purely points based. I cannot find out what the points required for each level are. As you say, the description has disappeared with the new software.

Keith.

The site is based in Poland so maybe all the points/scorekeeping logic is in reverse Polish notation. The site has no landing page and no mission statement. You'd be hard pressed to even find out what the initials EDA stand for.

It is sort of a status symbol for posting. It encourages people to answer the questions of others instead of only asking your questions. This is a standard part of all discussion board software.

Points mean prizes, the more points you get the more you win.

I have enough now for a DAB radio, Flatulent has enough for a 50" Plasma TV :D :D

I remember the Green Shield stamps in the UK years ago. :D

Green Shield Stamps ! -- now you are showing your age !

Actually, they are probably collectors items these days, I check on ebay later :roll:

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back