Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I miss the old layout of this forum - so quick and easy to navigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
you used the old version for 5 years
give this version a chance

they're following microsoft's lead - once the users get familiar with the gui, change it

and its likely the layout designer isn't a user
that's the problem with most software - the programmer isn't a user

True, everything was easy to find in the previous interface. It's just one feature which has attracted me in addition to the soothing green background... (speaking for myself).

Certainly Edaboard's interface has helped make it a deluxe message board, with hundreds of thousands of members, and a library of information for massive streams of visitors.

Now that the transfer to this new system is complete we're free to provide observations and feedback. Forum administrators are aware it's a major change, and they wish to preserve the same convenient features (besides new improvements). In days ahead modifications can be done as required. Our moderating team is contributing their own comparisons and contrasts.

We urge anyone to do a bit of searching, to find where might be new buttons to do your habitual navigation.

For instance, I was all set to mention I miss the Activity stream, because it's a list of all posts during the past several hours. However I see it is now a link called 'Latest Activity' at the bottom of the page.

Yes - activity stream bar on the LHS was a great feature of the old layout ...!

We will get used to it in time.

The gripe I have is having so many intrusive adverts and pop-ups. They are annoying at the best of times but when trying to moderate users and their input I find them a real hindrance. Internet here is slow at 1Mbs and often much less due to so many people using it for downloading video at the moment so a slow loading pop-up showing while trying to type message is a real pain.

I would also like the "Featured Blog Entries" on the home page an optional feature as it takes so long to appear.

Brian.

I feel that the featured blog post entries banner is too wide.
Also, I need to scroll a lot more to get to the analog design forums. It is almost like a metaphor for analog design engineering as a declining choice of profession.

I liked this GUI.No problem to use it..

intrusive popouts, very light grey text on a light background, really thin font in headings so its hard for some to read.

Nah, I Have given this new forum software a few minutes, methinks no more.

I miss the old layout of this forum - so quick and easy to navigate
Appreciate the feedback - giving it our best to replicate features and function while introducing updated responsive design. We did out of security and necessity versus just changing to change. We'll be tuning things and reviewing so all feedback considered.

I also prefer the old format. The new one is much lower "information density" (because it tries to display so much more irrelevant "stuff" bedded in a ton of white space).

Look at the density of the new "what's new" page, vs the old "discussions" subwindow that used to appear on the left. Concise, it was.

I agree, I do not like the look of this new forum design, The design is meant to look like Windows 10 (which I also don’t like) and more modern, where as the old design looks like Windows XP. I also think that the old design was more intuitive and concise.

The figures that I have already posted in forum have flown..

I find I have to use the scroll wheel A LOT more on this new layout - no where near as concise and easy to read ( in one page ) than before, unfortunately ...

the old version had a link to "unanswered posts"
where is that now?

the old version had a link to "unanswered posts"
where is that now?

Available now:)

image (3).png

the old version also had a link to threads i posted to and that had a reply,
so it was easy to see what others or the OP said

if i missed it, where is it?

Hi,

the old version also had a link to threads i posted to and that had a reply,
so it was easy to see what others or the OP said

if i missed it, where is it?

The menu button, top left, has links to 'find threads, your threads, threads with your posts', etc. if that's what you mean.

What's the difference between 'helped me' and 'like'?

Can we like as many posts as we want or is it the same as helped me which has a daily limit?

Do people like helped mes or like likes more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back