Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weller WRS1000 Rework Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipsmoker

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Newbie here. I just acquired a Weller WRS1000 Rework Station that needs a bit of TLC but most of all I need an owner's manual and if possible a service manual. I have searched online and on this board so I don't hold out much hope of finding either one.

My plan "B" is that someone who reads this post, might remember what all the icons mean on the main selector switch. The WRS1000 includes a pump for vacuum and for air and it might even be hot air, but for someone like me who is not an electronics or soldering genius, the icons are baffling. The selector switch has 5 positions and the soldering iron is a EC1302A and is connected with a round, 5 pin plug.

I will try to post a picture of the switch below. Thanks for any and all help, or just a chat about good old fashioned units like this one. I found a date on the pump that indicates 1994.

Cheers,

IMG_2863.JPG

Thanks Dana,

This helps a bit, but I am still puzzled over the + and - signs and what is the difference between the soldering iron icon at 10 o'clock and the one at 1:00 o'clock? Both look identical to me and both have the + sign.

I get that the 11 o'clock icon is probably the desoldering vacuum tool, but what the heck it the one at 2:00 o'clock?

Thanks to your pdf link, I now understand that the 12:00 o'clock position is for the hot air tool. I previously thought it was just for compressed air but now it all makes sense.

The only thing wrong with this station (so far) is the knob on the selector switch snapped off. According to Murphy's Law the shaft snapped off flush to the body of the switch. This is not a big deal right now because it snapped off in the "solder" position and since I don't have any of the optional tools, the solder position is the only one that I can use right now. The tools are so darned expensive that unless I can find used ones, I won't be using the on-board vacuum pump. Pity.

I can replace the switch but since I don't know the amps or voltages involved I might be wasting my money on a switch that melts during use. Hence the request for a service manual.

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping member neazoi will see this and respond here or with a private message.

I first want to mention that I tried private messaging via "conversation" but that did not work for me.

I have recently become a member on this forum and have acquired a Weller WRS1000 repair station as noted above.
I see by one of neazoi's posts from Aug of 2014 that he also has (or had) the same repair station.

In that thread he mentions that he got a manual from Weller for his WRS1000. I have been unable to find a manual on Weller's website or anywhere else and would very much like to know who he contacted and how he was able to get a manual.

Thanks so much,
Tom

tried private messaging via "conversation" but that did not work for me.

Next to our user name on any Edaboard page is an envelope icon. A number appears on it when we receive one or more incoming conversations (or private message). Evidently the system does not open a window to get our attention and tell us we have a new private message (although the system used to do that). Please have patience and watch for reply in this thread or otherwise. Weekends have less traffic at this forum as members have their own convenient hours for visiting here.

Thanks BradtheRad,

That is what I tried but after I finished writing the conversation and tried to send it I got an error message saying "Oops something went wrong, you may not start a conversation...". Perhaps it is a permissions thing for a new user like me or the recipient has a filter of some kind set. Anyway I am hoping he will see this thread and respond here or by private conversation. Thanks again for prompt response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back