Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weighing boxes with uneven weight distribution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickds1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to weigh some wooden boxes - they are about 50cm square and would weigh up to 50kg - the contents may not be that evenly distributed...

I have to do this cheaply - if I use load cells, is there a way not to use 4? I've not played with loadcells but don't really see a problem in interfacing them, just in techniques for using them - the boxes are outside and WILL get wet etc., so I need something that will stand up to bad weather (maybe even salt).

Accuracy needs to be only about 5% - periodic measurement - maybe once a minute, probably logged to SD card. Did I say "cheap" :)

My plan is to monitor this from an IP66-sealed box with some analogue pre-processing and an ATmega328...

Thanks for any pointers...

sounds like more of a mechanical problem. I think if you can ensure that the weighing plate always remains parallel to the earth you could get way with a single load cell.

Hi nickds1,

Did you find a cheap solution? I am also searching for alternative ways to measure weight, wondered what you ended up using..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back