Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating pulse signal with uneven Ton and Toff

Status
Not open for further replies.

soi34

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I need to implement a pulse signal with uneven on and off times. Ass seen from the figure below. The ton and off times in the upper waveform is equal assuming Ta+Tm=Td. But in the second waveform they are not equal. How can I realize the bottom waveform In cadence virtuoso. I can not realize the waveform with Vpulse, Vpwl or Vsource. And not to forget the pulse should be continuous it should not end after few cycles.
Pulse.PNG

One method is a 555 timer IC configured as a one-shot. Each incoming pulse triggers its timing loop. You can adjust things so as to obtain output pulses which are shorter or longer than the initial waveform.

Or, there are various ways to arrange a diode, capacitor and resistor in order to modify a waveform. For your purpose the result is a decaying volt level. Clean it up with a logic gate or Schmitt trigger.

In Cadence Virtuoso,
Library: analogLib
Cell: vpulse
Period is the total time
Pulse Width is the width of your pulse.
Figure out the Rise Time and Fall Time as per your requirements, I have put it with the Period but you do you...

1666773354823.png

Status
Not open for further replies.