Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] way to approach the equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashyapa1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
the equation to be solved is y= a(x)^m + b(x)^n.
Where a,b,m and n are all constants.
I have a set of 250 values each for x and its corresponding y value.
I thought of assuming m>n and hence for lower values of x the second term on RHS dominates and for higher values of x the first term on rhs dominates because the values are like that.
Help me a way to solve this
Thank you for skimming the question.

kashyapa1,

If a is a constant, then why does it vary according to x, a(x)?

Ratch

kashyapa1,

I have a set of 250 values each for x and its corresponding y value.
I thought of assuming m>n and hence for lower values of x the second term on RHS dominates and for higher values of x the first term on rhs dominates because the values are like that.
Help me a way to solve this

So, what is the question? You have an equation, a set of four constants, a set of 250 values for "x", and a corresponding set of "y" values that supposedly satisfy the equation. What is the unknown to solve?

Ratch

If you have to estimate a,b, m and n from 250 (x,y) pairs, I think you can use a best-fit tool like "curve expert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back