Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WAV file analyzing (and editing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need analyzing sw which "decode" WAV files to time graph!
I need for "simple" WAV files with sinus, rectangular signals....

I think matlab does it. Just read in the file, and plot it.
Otherwise, if you can find a copy, then Cool Edit will do it. It can display the .wav file graphically, and it can save it as a raw PCM (e.g. 16-bit, or 8-bit
A/u-Law) without the .wav header too. However, the software is no longer developed, and Adobe Audition was the replacement (but I've
never tried Audition, and I don't know if it is suitable).

Reactions: js

js

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes CoolEdit very cool! :) I download CoolEdit 2000 v1.1 but it is only for trial period of use!
And I think matlab is also non free tool! But I see many responsis/questions/answers on this forum...
p.s.
I need manipulation only on few seconds or milisecounds of sounds (edit, merge, edit left and right of stereo channels)

Try "Free Audio Editor" from:
https://free-audio-editor.com

I use it for preparing digitized speech samples before storing them in ROM because it can handle non-standard PCM rates. It's a useful tool and most of it's functions are free, there is a small charge to unlock the remaining functions. Alternatively, Audacity might be able to do your job.

Brian.

if you are looking for a free version to decouple the audio file I think GNU octave will help there they have wavread () function there...

refer this -

**broken link removed**

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back