Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water absorption simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

threecat2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am curious whether IE3D (hyperlynx) can simulate material absorption rates for water and such, and whether it can track how the antenna load changes according to surrounding lossy objects. Any help?

Thanks.

Is there any special requirement for this case that will challenge the popular simulator like HFSS, CST, IE3D? It is a radiator surrounded by materials and calculate its input impedance, am I right?

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. I was just wondering if IE3D provides any 'layers' such as water at a certain temperature in its simulation environment.

For insulators you mostly specify real part and imaginary part of relative epsilon (e' and e"), or a single value for epsilon and a loss factor (tan(delta)).

As water contains contaminants you need to know the conductivity. Pure water has very low conductivity and therefore "relative" low loss (as only eps.r of about 80 dominates). Just traces of contaminants will increase the conductivity, hence the loss.

What is your frequency and are you simulating in pure, fresh or sea water?

If you want to measure conductivity of own samples, don't use your Ohm meter. You can't reliably measure conductivity with a 2 wire interface and DC (so you need an AC source).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back