Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

warnings in synopsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchal

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Warnings:'s[0]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:70: 'c[0]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:71: 'cc[0]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[0]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[1]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[1]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[1]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[1]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:95: 'sm[1]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[2]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[2]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[2]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[2]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:95: 'sm[2]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[3]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[3]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[3]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[3]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:95: 'sm[3]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[4]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[4]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[4]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[4]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:95: 'sm[4]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[5]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[5]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[5]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:91: 'cm[5]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:95: 'sm[5]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:96: 'c[6]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:97: 's[6]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
Warning: /home/manchal/manch/finalrow/twodbypass_n.v:98: 'cc[6]' is being read, but does not appear in the sensitivity list of the block. (ELAB-292)
HOW DO I REMOVE THESE WARNINGS.I HAVE DESIGNED A GENERALIZED CODE FOR 4X4,8X8,16X16.ARRAY SIZE VARY FOR EACH CODE.
My code has warnings in synopsys design vision.Does due to these warnings will my report for area and power be affected.pLS HELP.

Hi,

You should post this question in ASIC Design group.

My opinion:

HOW DO I REMOVE THESE WARNINGS.I HAVE DESIGNED A GENERALIZED CODE FOR 4X4,8X8,16X16.ARRAY SIZE VARY FOR EACH CODE

Put the signals in the sensitivity list (always block).

My code has warnings in synopsys design vision.Does due to these warnings will my report for area and power be affected.

If you put the signals in the sensitivity list (to remove the warnings), the area and power will be different, but I'm not sure how much different it will be.

Thanks.

The area and power usage will be the same when you fix the warnings because synthesis always ignores the senstivity lists. But the final hardware wont match the simulation results.

The area and power usage will be the same when you fix the warnings because synthesis always ignores the senstivity lists. But the final hardware wont match the simulation results.

Yes that's correct and I was wrong. So ignore my first reply.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.