Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want tsmc 0.18um, 0.5um and 0.35 um CMOS technology file

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplsoft

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want tsmc 0.18um, 0.5um and 0.35 um CMOS technology file from tsmc website. But I cannot find find it. I am going to www.tsmc.com -> dedicated IC foundary -> technology. Where do I have to further go to get these technology files.

I have read in forums that there are many technology files of 0.35um Cmos which one do I have to use? Plz can anyone help be as I am new in using these technology files. I want to simulate the circuit in PSPICE software.

Thanx

What is the use for this technology files? Are you a potential buyer? a Student? or just for kicks.

AFAIK, there are no accounts for educational purposes, it is only for serious buyers. If you want to do a small prototype, contact a Multi-Project-Wafer-Program MPWF such as mosis: mosis.com

Otherwise, if you want to buy a full wafer, you need to contact TSMC sales team and setup an account. You need to sign NDA agreements and then they might give you the technology files to try them out.

In general you'll get multiple files, some are CDS files (Cadence Design System) files that will help you set virtuoso. You'll also get SPICE models or SPECTRE models to simulate your files. You can also get DRC and LVS rule decks, these can be for StarRC or for Mentor Graphics Calibre or other DRC/LVS software. Finally it also comes with .doc or .pdf documentation that helps you set everything up.

It seems you are interested on the .spi (spice) files. In order to do the simulation. They'll be there together with instructions on how to use it. Usually you need to include the transistor models, maybe a skew model (another spice file) and the corner selection (another spice file).

If you are at a university, contact MOSIS or TSMC through your academic institution. If you are part of a small startup then have a senior manager contact the TSMC sales team so that they let you evaluate their solution.

I have never worked with TSMC, but I have worked with other foundries before.

Good luck

I want tsmc 0.18um, 0.5um and 0.35 um CMOS technology file from tsmc website. But I cannot find find it. I am going to www.tsmc.com -> dedicated IC foundary -> technology.
To get these technology files, you need to be a registered customer, who has signed an NDA.

I have read in forums that there are many technology files of 0.35um Cmos which one do I have to use? Plz can anyone help be as I am new in using these technology files. I want to simulate the circuit in PSPICE software.

For simulation you don't need the technology files, but just the appropriate model files.

Where do I have to further go to get these technology files.

Try https:MOSIS. Click the appropriate technology directory, click the newest (top) run ID, in the MOSIS WAFER ACCEPTANCE TESTS page scroll down until you find the SPICE model files' text for NMOS & PMOS transistors.

You can download them directly as text files - without registration.

Thankyou for your replies.
I am a student and i want to simulate a filter circuit using ORCAD PSPICE. I hv PSPICE 10.0 And PSPICE 15.6. I think I need the model files to use CMOS 0.35um technology files of TSMC. I am simulating it in PSPICE but I am getting wrong results. I am replicating the results of a research article. Can anyone help me how to include 0.35um technology patameters to get the same results as in the research article?

I have emailed the author of the research paper he replied i have to check the compatibility of the software. How to check the compatibilty of the software. I am using level 3 for the PSPICE 10.0 version. Plzz help me I am new to this software?

To get these technology files, you need to be a registered customer, who has signed an NDA.

For simulation you don't need the technology files, but just the appropriate model files.

Try https:MOSIS. Click the appropriate technology directory, click the newest (top) run ID, in the MOSIS WAFER ACCEPTANCE TESTS page scroll down until you find the SPICE model files' text for NMOS & PMOS transistors.

You can download them directly as text files - without registration.

Most SPICE simulations check for the MOSFET model number.

I'd imagine PSPICE ( a well known spice simulator ) will fail (or at least warn) if the Compact MOSFET level model is not compatible with the simulator. Check the log for any of these errors.

According to this page, PSPICE supports BSIM3 and BSIM4 (level 7 and 8) models, so it should be good to go:
https://cmosedu.com/cmos1/pspice/pspice.htm

Did you make sure environmental conditions are the same:
- Temperature
- Input stimuli characteristics (rise time, fall time, frequency)
- Correct corner, usually circuits are simulated in the TT (typical-typical) corner model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back