Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltmeter, Ammeter, Ohmmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastsheen

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ohmmeter design

Hi! Does anybody know where I could find a schematic diagram for voltmeter, ammeter and ohmmeter? I just need the basic design. Thanks

icl7107 ohmmeter

This project will give you an idea about what you need to do to build digital voltmeter.

Resistance and current can be measured using voltmeter itself by converting them to voltage.

ca3162 voltmeter

You did not mention what kind of meters you are intending to do. Analog or digital meters ?

Since analog meters are so simple, they do not need a schematic. In fact all you need is a resistance in series (voltmeter and ohmmeter) or in parallel (ammeter) with adequate value to change the scale of the galvanometer (microamperimeter).
Good starting point is to obtain some 50 or 100uA (full scale deflection current) microammeters and you can build volt/amp/ohm meters. A good laser printer to print the new scale is desirable. Learn about the formulas to calculate the resistance used to change the scales (they are simple, but you need to know the internal resistance and the full scale current).

For digital meters, there are a imense variety of ways of doing it. You can choose dedicated ics like ICL7107, CA3162, etc (search in the Google). A good alternative today is to use microcontrollers, as most of them have Analog to Digital converters, that facilitate their use in voltmeters.

eastsheen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ammeter, voltmeter , ohmmeter

I forgot to mention that I was doing the digital ones. Thank you for the quick reply! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.