Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] voltage regulation in RF circuits (VCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADI senior engineering wrote an email where they try to hint at my power supplies being "faulty". Doing so, they write stuff which is 100% false (and any student in the first semester would notice that)
I admit that I was thinking in the same direction as ADI engineers. Anyway, I see a problem of technical ignorance when you report "as soon as I initialise the synthesizers, said voltage dropping and drawing of too much current occurs (as indicated by the power supply)" instead of examining which device draws current above the specification and where it flows. Of course you must also observe the hints that the connection of different evaluation boards must be done so that the maximum ratings aren't exceeded. Once you managed to destroy a device by not observing the ratings, they may behave erratically.

I must also admit that this short message a week ago leaves me clueless
OK, I had not applied any signal from the synthesizer .... I had used the wrong cable

I now believe the AC coupling, and RF grounding respectively, are faulty

it ll take me a few days to voltmeter around to actually check that.

no, the tests on the 2 devices are conclusive ... and, should it come to a court hearing the devices themselves are evidence enough ... and it will be really easy to win the case ... please stop answering this thread ... is all decided

Reactions: FvM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back