Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage reference problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I found a paper as I attached, it seems to be a good voltage reference in the beginning, but when I used a short time step (1e-12 s) for a longer time, 100ns, then the volltage reference begins to oscillator, do anyone know what's the problem and how to fix it?
Thanks a lot

interesting paper....
(if I replaced those two mosfets with BJT....looks like the latchup circuit)

sounds like unstable?!

Why do you use so short time step ? Try use longer time pwl singal ( uS) .
liletian said:
Hi Guys
I found a paper as I attached, it seems to be a good voltage reference in the beginning, but when I used a short time step (1e-12 s) for a longer time, 100ns, then the volltage reference begins to oscillator, do anyone know what's the problem and how to fix it?
Thanks a lot

because if you use a longer phase margin, it can not caught high frequency characteristic. Anyway, it should converge at any time step, right? I suspect this voltage reference will be an oscillator instead of voltage refernece.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
quanble said:
Why do you use so short time step ? Try use longer time pwl singal ( uS) .
liletian said:
Hi Guys
Thanks a lot

Added after 10 minutes:

ytliang said:
not enough phase margin
I thought it is unstable too, is there a way to fix it? Any suggestions?

Added after 36 seconds:

dumbfrog said:
interesting paper....
(if I replaced those two mosfets with BJT....looks like the latchup circuit)

sounds like unstable?!
I would think it is unstable too, is there a way to fix it?
Thanks

it likes a latchup circuit. Why do you use this one? any advantage ?

eegchen said:
it likes a latchup circuit. Why do you use this one? any advantage ?
no advantages, maybe only it can give a very stable voltage for a big range input voltage. I am just curious if there is a way to fix it.

This is a nice circuit and there is no need to fear linking it to SCR kind of latchup. The one in Fig 1 is same as a wilson mirror with the diode connected device replaced by a resistor. As we know wilson mirror can be unstable because of two poles., but just a bit of work on stability can give you a nice reference.

there are two feedback loop:a negative(N2,P3,P1,R,N1) and a positive (N2,P3,P2).The loop can work only when negative feedback is dominant (R*gmn1>1).Add a cap to split the two poles for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back