Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage & Current mesiurement with 16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foldesa

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !

Do you have any idea of how to messiure DC voltage (20volts-5volt) and current (~15 volt 0-25 amper) with pic 16F877a, even with external circuit(s).

Thanx

András

Well, the 877 has A/D converters so it's not that difficult. All you have to do is convert whatever you want to measure to a suitable voltage range (0-5V usually).

To measure 0-20V simply divide the voltage using two resistors.
To measure current, use a shunt resistor (something like 0.01ohm, perhaps even less), and amplify the voltage over this resistor using an opamp.

To mesure voltage, use 877's ADC with a divider using 2 resistors ( Uout must be Uin/4 )

To mesure current, use a low impedance shunt and comparator ( TLV3701 is very fine and tou must obtain this one for free ), you must amplify the signal, or use different voltage references, since U = R*I:D

Regards,

Manu

Hi

I will try them.

Thanx.

Can I measure the line voltage by 16F877A.

I want to measure 230 VAC 50HZ.

please suggest me a circuit.
thanks
Anupam

**broken link removed**

Look at this datasheet it may be useful for u

AN521-İnterfacing AC power Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.