Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] volatile keyword in the function

Status
Not open for further replies.

selva murugesan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi experts
i have lot of confusion about the volatile keyword used in front of function in c. i asked this question in many peoples, i did not get any satisfaction answer from their answer.
they are simply said you cant access that function from outside of the file.i tried that ,it might be access. i was using codeblocks 12.11 for that.

i want great explanation about this with example.or website name

I presume you are not talking about C++. The C standard doesn't specify a usage of the keyword volatile related to functions. Some compilers have language extensions using volatile, e.g. in GCC it commands not to optimize assembler functions.

Where do you see volatile used with functions?

yes FVM,

my question was wrong. I was trying to ask about the static function and volatile keyword in c. but I missed the static function in the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back