Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vlsi training, is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicevlsi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rv-vlsi sandeepani which one is better

Hi

nowadays many institutes in india are offering diploma courses in vlsi.

But of all these institutes only two institutes Sandipani (**broken link removed**) and TTM (**broken link removed**) seems to be close to industry standard.

TTM has now tied up with UC santacruz extension in silicon valley and CADENCE.

now my question is can any one tell which of these instiutes is better (please the above links to see the course structures).

i want your comment specially on course offered by ttm. It's offering two courses, 1)asic frontend 2) asic physical design. are these courses offered byit is on on par with industry? Tools used by them are

SOC Encounter X
Encounter ATPG
Incisive Unified Simulator
RTL Compiler XL with BG and CTE
Virtuoso XL Layout Editor
Assura DRC/LVS
Assura RC
Virtuoso Schematic Entry

thanks in advance

novice

Hi,
considering the tools, TTM is on par with the industry in physical design. But the diploma courses r not only dependent on tools, its what knowledge they pass on to you during training.
Iam a past student of sandeepani....... they dont have cadence tools but their teaching was ok. They are doing both frontend and physical design within one course..... the only difficulty i found is the time limit.

I am a past student of Sandeepani and I must say that the teaching is extremely good. They use mentor graphics tools and Magma for physical design. But the only problem is the shortage of time.
However it is better to go to Mtech (VLSI) rather than do diploma course because many companies prefer postgraduates(mtech) rather than diploma people.

hey as far as postgraduate diploma in vlsi is concern...
no doubt institute learn u professional tools but still industry prefer Masters degree so opt some better colage and get the knowledge with degree.
which is really useful

I too did my PG DIp in Sandeepani.... My point of view, Sandeepani is not good now a days.. bcas they dont hav staffs now... due to that course duration also extending... Mainly last 3 batch placement iare very bad.... It was good long time back ( arund 1 yr), not now....

Kumar

How much do they charge per seat for the training, if you tell me this I can tell you if it is worth :p

course fee is Rs.75,000/- for frontend and Rs.90,000/- for backend. we should opt either of two.

tools for backend

Virtuoso XL Layout Editor
Assura DRC/LVS
Assura RC
Virtuoso Schematic Entry
and SOC encounter (am not sure it they have included in front end or backed)

novice.

need ur advice asap

Hi novicevlsi

What is duration of each course ?
thanks
aravind

dear arvind,

course duration is 5 months,

for backend, they are offering SOC Encounter, Vittuso, ASSURA,

all issues, such as Placement & Routing, CTS, STA, DRC/LVS, power grid..

what about these tools specially soc is it the wildly used tool in idustry now?

thanks for replying..

novice

Hi
Industry wont look for tool specify flow.
They are looking for engineering concept u know or not.
If u understand why/what tool is doing ?
then its good
thanks
aravind

Hi,
I have heard about Sandeepani.
They charge about 75000 bucks. The teaching is quite good, but the only problem is that they use Mentor Graphics tools.

As per u ttm is using cadence tools.
Most of the companies use Cadence tools, so it will be better to go for this.
However the final thing is that which institute has better faculty as even if you know the tools if you donnt know the basics even tools cannt help you

Trainings are always good. But if you look at the hefty amounts they are charging for VLSI trainings..... one needs to question is it realy worth!!!!! is it really needed!!!!

Actually when you enter industry as a fresher, newbie... what is most important is the CONCEPTs.... and not the TOOLs.... so stop worrying about what tools each of the training centers are providing.... instead think about how their quality of teaching is, and get to know the experience levels of the instructors there.. which matters a lot.

For more details... contact me.

Best Regards,
Harish
https://hdlplanet.tripod.com
https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hdlplanet

hi ,
This is Dipen and doing PG diploma at VEDANT cource offerred by Semiconductor Complex Limited and we are using here CADENCE tools only one place then TTM ............we are using that tools..

and right i m going under the cource teaching is extremely good and plus the placement is also good here.....as far as the previos batches concern. and also one company came here when the 3rd week going on ..purple vision tech from bangalore....

Bye for now for further info contact me on dipen_dudhat@yahoo.com

Getting knowledge through any channels matter, whether via traning or else...
there is less skilled professionals in Physical design...
better go for PD ...
it attracts decent salary package.

i think my opinion dont go for diploma in vlsi...market for vlsi is not good go for mtech rather than diploma in vlsi.....

I think training is necessary ,but practise is more important , you can consider this point and combine them together!

As right now there are more jobs in verification you need to go for frontend.Coming to institutions I think TTM is better compared to sandeepani

Yes toram16 is right...As the market is not good better go for M.tech from good college like RV vlsi which is in banglaore...Better go for that..
Bye

Market is not good position now. Please prefer higher studies or software industry.

Thanks
Aravind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back