Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vlsi physical design:::

Status
Not open for further replies.

saratchand

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how the core utilization is inversely proportional to design frequency?

Higher core utilization = higher routing density = routing will cause slower design = frequency will decrease.

can you please elaborate your answer

Higher core utilization means that you have more cells in your design on the same area. Those cells require current, and you will have to connected them so you will have your routing resources decreased.
About higher current consumption - If you have power limitation, this might cause you to lower your frequency in order to reduce power.
About routing resources - In order to routing higher density design, your router will need to connect with detours which might cause critical path that will limit your frequency.

thank u very much for ur reply.....
how the utilization is directly proportional number of metal layers?

- - - Updated - - -

sir what is the difference between high fanout network systhesis and clock tree synthesis?

More Metal layers means lesser area so the utilization is more.

Less metal layers means more are so the utilization is less.

Just assumption,Correct me if I am Wrong.

In my view
if utilization is increased the cell count ll increase,so the connectivity resources must increases so the metal layers are increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back