Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLF Reception on the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg200

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VLF (Very Low Frequencies) Reception on the PC
**broken link removed**

1_1187966761.jpg

Hello
First I want to thank you for your great forum because it has the best resource that I've ever found on web about VLF receivers.
I am an Electrical Engineering Student. Since I'm very interested in Astronomy As my Thesis I want to build a Circuit to detect the meteors using a VLF receiver. Then I want analyze the spectrum using a computer and count the number of meteors entered the ionosphere.
I found much useful info on your forum but I need some guide from you.
Would you please tell me what is the best low-noise VLF receiver circuit that is Suitable for detecting meteors? And do you think it is practical to make distinction between spectrum of meteors and other phenomena?
Any useful guide about this topic will be appreciable
I am waiting for your answers . . .

Before anyone is going to be able to help you with this project you are going to have to be a bit more specific about what this receiver is going to detect.
What, if any effect do meteors have that can be detectable by a low frequency receiver. Knowing that will enable you to design a system that can detect the phenomena. from that you can specify what the receiver must do.

For example at VHF meteors ionise the E layer allowing over the horizon propagation of signals that can be detected and used as a meteor count.
At low frequencies I do not know how much if at all an individual meteor will affect the ionosphere. If it did you may be better measuring the phase change imparted on a signal as the ionosphere is altered rather than the amplitude change usually used to detect sudden ionospheric disturbances, as it is more sensitive to small changes.
Perhaps there is something else that can be detected, some form of radiated signal from the ionisation trail perhaps?

More information needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back