Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

virtual object and boundary conditions at modelling antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

antp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

It is known, that at modelling radiating structures it is recommended to create the virtual object including all parts of the project. It is рroblem region.
Below I have loaded two projects of model of the broadband antenna with virtual object "air_cyl" and without it.
As results of modelling are practically identical, it would be desirable to specify, whether really virtual object is necessary, or it is enough to be limited to radiating boundary.

If the virtual object is really necessary, as it is better for placing?

Still it would be desirable to find out, in what cases for a assigning of surfaces the "vibrator" and the "ground" are used Perfect E or Finite Conductivity boundary conditions?

Re: virtual object and boundary conditions at modelling ante

I use only radiation boundary in my simulation of antenna, but I'm not sure it is right or not. Because I got error efficiency value but the VSWR and return loss value is close to the real model. Maybe a virtual object will help to get better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back