Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtex-5 Power plane issues .... Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

qasmi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have seperate power suppllies for the Virtex-5 (XC5VLX30-1FF676) and the rest of the board.

* Should I insert a seperate PLANE for the Virtex-5 or should I just split one PLANE for the all the board.

* How does the thickness of the layers and planes effect the performance of the board. and what is the minimum requirement.

* What is the recommended PCB stack for a 12 layer board.

Please don't mind if the questions are very simple. I'm a newbie onto an ambitious board. Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Hi qasmi,

you may have a look at Virtex5 evaluation platforms on www.xilinx.com. They provide gerber files of their PCBs. Just check those to get a hint.

ep20k

Hello ep20K,

I can't find any gerber files on the xilinx site. Or do I have to request it? thank you

Regards

Thank you ep20K, I got it. the format of gerber was for ALLEGRO. I downloaded the pcb viewer and was able to open the file.

Can you tell me one more thing please, why can't I open my Protel DXP design in SPECCTRA. When I want to open the design, SPECCTRA flashes and closes. what could be the problem. thank you, and take care.

Best regards

Check if the DLL file (for converting the Protel file to .do file) is proper or not. You can conatct Altium for the same.

Regarding the split in plane (GND) it is generally recommended not to split the plane.

qasmi said:
Thank you ep20K, I got it. the format of gerber was for ALLEGRO. I downloaded the pcb viewer and was able to open the file.

Can you tell me one more thing please, why can't I open my P*otel DXP design in SPECCTRA. When I want to open the design, SPECCTRA flashes and closes. what could be the problem. thank you, and take care.

Best regards

Sorry, I got no clue :cry:

ep20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back