Not open for further replies.

EmerJency

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vlcds24517-1w inverter

I have a Viewsonic N1700w HDTV LCD display that I've been having some problems with. The tuner mode picture is very dark, hardly can see, and the vga/dvi modes have problems with the On Screen Display. When in tuner or composite modes, I can see and work with the OSD menu, but can't see the channel clearly (have to turn contrast way up, but is dark black and white - no color). When I am in vga/dvi mode, connected to computer, the OSD comes up as a black square in middle of screen, but I can't see menu options. I have to turn contrast to 100% for computer use, but it's bright and useable for general use. I hope someone can help me try to troubleshoot the issue and can upload a copy of the service manual. I can buy some IC's directly from Viewsonic so if I could get the service manual I can do the work myself.

Thanks

EJ

Added after 1 hours 8 minutes:

Can anyone explain to me what the purpose/function of inverter is in an lcd display. I have a hunch that I need to replace mine since I have to keep the contrast and brightness to 100% to view display.

Thanks

EJ

p.s. The full model number of this unit is VLCDS24517-1W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…