Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Videocon HD DTH RF Remote decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsganesh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I wanted to decode Videocon HD DTH RF Remote control. I searched in net I couldn't get any circuit for that.

What type of hardware (RF module) required for that? Which protocol (encoding) it is? What type of decoder program required?

I'm planning to use PIC 16 series microcontroller.

Thanks.

So how they usually work is the data is added to a carrier signal (sin frequency wave) and transmitted. You would need to be able to figure out that frequency of the carrier wave and get the received and decode the signal from the carrier wave. After that you would have to analyze the pulses of data based on the button pressed and you could work out how to react to which button. The hard part is trying to figure out the frequency and encoding and decoding.

I guess another approach would be to diagnose the transmitter and try to determine the frequency and data based on probing the transmitter and analyzing the parts inside. You might be able to find the resonator or signal generator for the frequency and might be able to trace the output of the button to signal chip.

thank u cl10greg :)
In that way only I did IR decoder and it works fine and also I got enough detail from net abt IR encoding techniques like NEC, RC5, SONY etc. something like that for this remote? some protocol for this RF remote!!!

anybody knows how to decods this RF remote? what us the protocol used in that?

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone is still interested here are some pointers :

I opened up my RF remote today expecting to see a normal 315MHz or 433MHz ASK cheapo transmitter being used instead of the normal IR LED.

I was quiet surprised to see a proper circuit inside.

Protocol : Videocon RF remote uses ZIGBee RF4CE for communication
Chips: Uses a GreenPeak GP540 series chip (GP540C40GP to be exact). This is a uC with MAC and PHY radio for ZigBee. An additional EEPROM is also used for config.

There are two antennas Tx and Rx. as mine was the remote without Audio I assume the Rx was not used.

I am not much interested in ZigBee or decoding the signal, nor do I have the necessary equipment (I do not even own a logic probe)

I guess the DS will be available only after a NonDisclosure, since I couldnt find one anywhere.

Here is a link to product brochure :
www.greenpeak.com/Press/PressKit/GP540_Product_Brochure.pdf

Hope this helps - Ajith

Thanks for your valuable information exnol. I wanted to decode this data. Which RF/Zigbee module will support for this? I tried to find it net. I couldn't get enough information. I'm looking for a RF/Zigbee module which can receive the data sent by this Videocon remote.
I wanted to use this remote for controlling my home appliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.