Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video signal generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

manya

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am pesently working on my project and i discovered that i need to generate video signals to be displayed on a TV. Please someone should help me with a detail on how to go about doing so. I am completely a beginner, but i think using pic microcontrollers will be easier for me.
Thank you.

Here you go friend !! :

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Hasssen.

Did it with a PIC 18 chip - this provides a 32 or 40x24 PAL mono text display, and a degree of graphics capability through character pattern redefinition (on the fly). Control of the display can be via serial or parallel interface and the whole circuit is based on the PIC chip plus two resistors, two de-coupling capacitors and a crystal.

As the PIC video routines are entirely interrupt driven, only portB outputs and 1 bit of portC used along with TMR0, it's possible to run other applications on the PIC (even written in BASIC if done correctly), and still have perfect video output.

PM me if you are interested and I can send pictures, source and circuits..... (think of a ZX81 on a chip and you won't be far off)!

PS Used Rickards site as a good source of info - well worth a look.....

Status
Not open for further replies.