Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vibration problem with accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

welove8051

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear dudes, i try to built a self balancing robo with 89s52 and mm7260qt accelerometer. the sensor is working fine, the problem is the sensor is responding to even small vibrations from motors and others, which makes reading unstable and so i am unable to balance it, how do i solve this problem. is 89s52 and adc0804 is capable for this project, pls do share your experience and suggestions.

regards
kj
:roll:

Hi,

Two possible ways come to mind -
a rubber mounting to minimise those vibrations plus running the reading though an x16 or greater averaging routine to do the same.

I think a low pass filtering of the signals from the accelerometer will do it. Are you currently using low pass filter?

you need to implement a low pass filter since an accelerometer is a noisy module itself. this can help why: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.