Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL package and Modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

ustinoff

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. In my top level entity i use package for create an array of std_logic_vector and this array is my output data type (output buses are this array). When i try to simulate it by using Modelsim i watch only input ports in "Wave" window (they have standart std_logic/std_logic_vector types) and don't see output ports (they are array of std_logic_vector from package). What do i have to do to watch my output ports?

I invoke Modelsim by using script:

Code:
vlib work
vmap work
vcom PackageUnit.vhd
vcom AddOnUnit1.vhd
vcom AddOnUnit2.vhd
vcom TopLevelUnit.vhd
vsim -novopt work.TopLevelUnit
add wave TopLevelUnit

And Modelsim compiled all sources correctly.

This line
add wave TopLevelUnit
I've found does not necessarily add arrays to the wave window. Never looked into why Modelsim does this, but I've noticed this over the years. I usually write scripts to add all the signals I want in the wave window, which is run a soon as the simulation is loaded. I normally edit that file and delete/rerun the file when I updated the wave window. I've run across so many GUI bugs (crashing the simulator) over the years with Modelsim and now Vivado simulators that I avoid using the GUI to add anything to the waveform viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back