Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL/FPGA Simulation + PROTEUS (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus fpga

Hello,

As you already know such tools as ModelSim and Aldec are for VHDL simulation, there i can design my own microprocessor, or microcontroller and compile my VHDL code. but all i can see after it is done is just waveform.
:!:
i would like to know is there such a Simulation tool, which lets me create my own Microprocessor/Microcontroller using VHDL, and then hook up analog circuits to it and execute Assembler program on it, like it does PROTEUS? (but as i know proteus doesnt let create ur own microcontroller using VHDL)

thank you.

proteus vhdl

u can ask this question in FPGA design forum

fpga proteus

Modelsim can do that!
VHDL can support TCL scripts.
You can creat a CPU module using VHDL, and type TCL command in modelsim.

vhdl proteus

FPGAs said:
Modelsim can do that!
VHDL can support TCL scripts.
You can creat a CPU module using VHDL, and type TCL command in modelsim.

ok, thank you i will do research on it!

But how about hooking up any analog circuits to my CPU with program, and then emulating it all? :?:

sorry for reviving this. i'm also trying to do the same thing, have you found a way?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.