Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL-AMS Sigma Delta Modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsuarez

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm currently working on a 2nd Order Sigma Delta Modulator (SDM) in VHDL-AMS. I'm using hAMSter and Simplorer as simulators. I was able to simulate correctly a 1st Order SDM but when I try the Second Order Model the system becomes unstable. The model is nonideal, the integrators are implemented using a unit transient equations dependent on the OTA parameters. I'm using a coherent input signal of -3dB 30.1kHz and oversampling ratio of 48 for a maximum input frequency of 200KHz (sampling frequency of ~19.2MHz). I have the same system in simulink and works fine. If someone can help me please let me know.

George

are u coding a Delta-Sigma modulator with VHDL-A/?

Actually, I coded the model in Verilog-A and VHDL-AMS. Never tried VHDL-A. I got it working for both, (Verilog-A in Cadence Spectre and VHDL-AMS in Ansoft Simplorer v6&v7). If you want more details let me know. Thanks for the post and sorry for the huge delay in replying.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back