Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VGA to component video cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank03

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to connect my PC to the TV through the VGA port.

My TV has no S-Video port and it only has component video/audio port (Red/White/Yellow Cable).

But I want this component video cable to be connected to vga port. Is there any way vy which I can connect it. Please help me out.

Thanks.

There are a couple of commercial devices that can do this. However, it is not just a couple of simple components. You have to decode and reconvert the video information. I bought a cheap device to do this and was very disappointed. While it worked as advertised, the display on the TV was terrible. You could not really read the text at all. It may work for things like U-TUBE, but not much else.

Generally speaking, standard composite video is really too low resolution for this task. Better to wait until you upgrade the TV to something with the proper bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back