Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very easy to program USB-ready microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcyang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone recommend an easy to use and easy to program USB-capable micro-controller? I am new to the field of microcontroller. There are so many companies offer uC, but I don't know which one has the most user-friendly software development tool. My application is relatively simple, so 8-bit to 32-bit are okay. Pretty much any clock speed is okay. I will need USB (device only), GPIOs, I2C, and SPI.

Microchip have a number of microctrollers which support both USB device and host
**broken link removed**

also there is plenty of example code of the various USB protocols

PIC18F2550 or 18F4550 will be Ok. It has SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO's. 2550 is 28 pin SPDIP and 4550 is 40 pin PDIP. Go for 18F4550. mikroC PRO PIC has USB HID library and there is also USB VCP and USB MSD libraries at libstock. I have tested all of them and they work fine.

Thank you everybody for the recommendation. My board is device-only and not host. My board need to connect to a computer to read/write data. I am not sure if R-pi can support device-only mode. Looks like Microchip products is the best bet.

I did not see anyone recommend Arduino. I heard many good things about Arduino.

Status
Not open for further replies.