Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog to switch pictures for VGA display

Status
Not open for further replies.

alin9980

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vga tutorial verilog

Hi, I need help designing a circuit with Verilog to output a picture onto the screen. I know how to do this with one picture, but I don't know how to do it with multiple pictures.

The objective is to show a picture at a time, which is switched according to user input.

I think I could do the FSM but I'm getting frustrated since I cannot use output from different .mif files. Could someone please provide me a tutorial on this, and explain lpr_ram_dq? I don't know whether I'm supposed to implement it, and how I could use it for my VGA display switcher implementation.

Thanks in advance.

pictures of vga

One way would be to have only one '.mif'-file that included N images to be loaded into one RAM of Nx(image_size) bytes in length.
The starting-address of the display-routine could then be changed to cause different images to be displayed.
Good form would have the starting-address changes to take place in the vertical retrace interval.

Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back