Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog Modules not being instantiated in Quartus II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerovirus123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I created a project with a few modules included. When I compiled my design, there are no errors of any sort. However, when I viewed my project with the Netlist Viewer (post-fitting), I could not see any of my module files being instantiated. All I see are the inputs and outputs of the whole project. Does it mean that my modules are not being instantiated properly? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 7.51.20 PM.png

You'll find the answer by reviewing the compilation report thoroughly. Most likely the logic has been removed during synthesis because no top level output depends on it.

Presumed the module contains meaningful logic, the reason might be a missing clock connection, module is stuck in reset, or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back