Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Verilog Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

stark43

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I want a status to be maintained for a certain period of time. For example, assigning the output to a certain value for 100ns. I thought of a method for this, but I don't know if it makes sense. There will be a counter module and it will count continuously until the reset signal arrives. If we send a reset signal to this counter module from the main structure, it will reset once and continue to count again. I do the reset event in the combinatorial always block, but the reset signal is connected to the main clock. What are your suggestions, is there a more logical way or is this way valid?

1658487101643.png
1658487143621.png

Simple analysis, count_reg has multiple drivers (in two separate sequential blocks), design not synthesizable.

Although it's frequently suggested in text books, I don't see an advantage in splitting a FSM in a combinational and a clocked always block. You can achieve the same function with less code lines in a single clocked always block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back