Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verilog code to comm with a bench supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffee_pie

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi lads and happy holidays

I am trying to implement a routine, basic code on a fpga with verilog.

this will simply perform some calculations, adc/math operands etc to alter the supply voltage.

I am doing this to simply have control over the power usage of the fpga.

also I would like to have an additional bus for monitoring the power usage, and for example to shut down the system or reduce voltages to a trickle if there is no operations being performed for say... 20 mins etc.

I can write this code in verilog (i hope..!) without much difficulty, if will have a lot of always blocks and synchronous logic and plenty of tenrary/case statements also I would image.

I am trying to figure how or what is the best way to use this idea with a bench supply, are programmable supply's easy to get? would these be gpib?

I have done code on labview already, perhaps I could use a labview routine to monitor these?

hooking up a dmm such as a hameg via a rs232 is not going to be too difficult to actually see power levels changing, but its the commands I am worrying about from the fpga --------> bench supply and vice versa.

I am sorry if this is long winded, but would like to see what is the best way to approach this I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back