Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verification for newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennis

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friend,

I've been working on ASIC flow (e.g. synthesis, sta, dft, pnr), for my next project i'll be involved in design verification. I've no experience in this field. Could anybody give some idea how to start. I will be working on digital simulator VCS using verilog language. Is there any book or material which can give good starting point or any guidelines for creating verification model?

Any kind of suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Hi

I think you should master the verilog language to your best and then systemverilog for verification. These will prepare your basis.

Hope it helps.

you need to know about OOP methodology and familiar with C/C++/SV/SC language to better verify DUT!

Hi,

Here is book, I would like suggest,
Writing testbenches: functional verification of HDL models
By Janick Bergeron

Verification is an art. Thinking process for verification is way different than design. This book has helped me lot for switching between Design to Verification.
You atleast make sure you read Chap 2. That will give you idea, what to look for.

SystemVerilog for Verification, second edition Chris Spear
This book is an introduction to the testbench features of the SystemVerilog language. It is meant for anyone who knows basic Verilog (1995) and needs to verify a design. It includes over 400 examples

h**p://chris.spear.net/systemverilog/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back